- To pursue excellence in Botanical Art
- To embrace both classical and innovative approaches to Botanical Art
- To organise classes, workshops and master classes
- To conduct exhibitions of Botanical Art
- To stimulate interest in plants and botany
- To liaise with botanic gardens, herbaria and other relevant organisations
- To promote wider exposure of Botanical Art to the public.
The Society’s members include practicing botanical artists and students from beginners to advanced, who are interested in and enjoy learning about the art form.
The Society conducts classes and workshops that all are welcome to participate in. Please visit the courses and workshops page for further information.
The courses and workshops extend the skills of members at all levels of expertise and promote the development of Botanical art. Structured courses, individual workshops and extended advanced-level workshops are offered.
One recurring exhibition is held each year: Floressence — held in the Auditorium at the Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha, Brisbane. Occasional exhibitions and displays are also held. Informal painting days encourage members to share ideas and develop friendships with others who have a love of the art form.
A newsletter is produced four times a year. Its content includes items of information on a wide range of topics and keeps members in touch with what is happening within and beyond the Society.
Follow us on our new Facebook page: www.facebook.com/botanicalartqld