The Botanical Artists’ Society of Queensland is a voluntary, non profit organisation formed to foster a greater knowledge, love and understanding of Botanical Art.
Botanical Art conveys the beauty of plants while retaining scientific accuracy in scale, form and colour. It ranges from scientific illustration to realistic flower painting and uses a variety of media.
The Society’s focus is two-fold: to provide courses for those beginning or improving their art and to exhibit members’ art.
Our Site will be regularly updated with dates of exciting exhibitions, courses and activities. Add us to your ‘Favourites’ so that you can keep up to date and take advantage of all the Society has to offer.
The courses and workshops extend the skills of members at all levels of expertise and promote the development of Botanical art. Structured courses, individual workshops and extended advanced-level workshops are offered.
There will be opportunities for members to showcase their work to a variety of exhibits.
Some of our artists' works
- 09:30 – 16:30, 14 February 2021 – Momentum Day
- 09:00 – 12:30, 6 March 2021 – Leaf shading & modelling
- 10:00 – 12:30, 7 March 2021 – Momentum Day
- 13:30 – 16:00, 7 March 2021 – Annual General Meeting
- 09:00 – 12:30, 14 March 2021 – Leaf shading & modelling
- 09:00 – 12:30, 20 March 2021 – Leaf shading & modelling
Banner image: Florence Joly, Banksia serrata, (detail), 2017, coloured pencils on paper, 14 x 20 cm. Courtesy of the artist.